10 Steps To Natural Light Sources That Creates The Mood And Captures The Moment
Natural light sources are an important element in bringing out the best in the color scheme. If light enters through side windows, a dark ceiling will make the room look gloomy. If the light comes in at an angle it is wise to paint the floor a pale color.
Here are ten household helpful hints for natural light sources:
1. Control the light using blinds and curtains, always adapting it to the needs of every moment.
2. Soften the contrast produced by window and the dark surrounding wall by focusing artificial light onto the latter.
3. Emphasize the beauty of an especially compelling piece of furniture by spotlighting it.
4. In work areas the specific lighting must be from the left for right-handed people and vice versa.
5. The direct light from a hanging lamp must always be below eye-level, otherwise it will blind us.
6. Use subtle general lighting so that the transition from a bright area to a dark one is not painful for the eyes.
7. Make sure that the light in a work area is compensated by the surrounding lighting so that you do not strain your eyes.
8. Use freestanding lamps and floor lamps in spaces where the furniture's is frequently rearranged, these types of lamps offer adaptable solutions.
9. A highly reflective surface (the whiter the better) helps to multiply the light and to diffuse it all over the space.
10. In small rooms pale-colored walls give acceptable lighting. A darker ceiling breaks the monotony and provides contrast.
Bearing in mind all these factors, you should analyze the daylight in your house throughout the day and then plan the artificial lighting.